A99 "hack"?: Use a DT lens for sRAW

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
spektacle
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 "hack"?: Use a DT lens for sRAW
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Feb 4, 2013

Kirk Tuck wrote:

The a99 let's you switch between "on" and "auto" for the APS-C mode. It also retains the electronic teleconverter. And you can see the actual full frame of the APS-C version in the finder or on the LCD for composition and shooting. Bonus.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

I do not own the A99 yet but I am seriously thinking of getting it. I am going to use it both for stills, and video. My idea was to use limited amount of prime lenses both as FF, and APS-C size, e.g., use 24mm in FF 24Mps and as 36mm in APS-C 10Mps. This is possible, when shooting stills, but in video mode cropping is disabled. Is there any other way to use my idea for video?.. I plan to use only FF lenses.

spektacle's gear list:spektacle's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-FH100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow