Is there a mode that lets me set P and A?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
nosnoop
Senior MemberPosts: 1,688
Like?
Re: Is there a mode that lets me set P and A?
In reply to SimonOL, Feb 4, 2013

SimonOL wrote:

Personally, I can't see the problem with manually selecting ISO in manual mode. Is it really so difficult? After all, you've already set aperture and shutter speed - you're only one setting away!

In that case, why not just one Manual mode? All the other modes are redundant right?

Of course, you can do everything in M mode. The whole point of other modes - P, A, S are for quickness and convenience. If we can have chosen Aperture and ISO with Auto Shutter speed (A), or chosen Shutter speed and ISO with Auto Aperture (S), then why can't we have chosen Aperture & Shutter Speed with Auto-ISO? This is only natural with digital camera.

The current P/A/S/M originates from the film days where ISO is fixed. With digital photography, we really should have Pentax's TAv mode - it just makes sense.

In a way, yes, it is difficult with manual ISO in M mode. Unless we all have NEX-7's 3 control dials. Otherwise, controlling 3 parameters with 1 or 2 dials is always going to be inconvenient and less than ideal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow