New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bruce Oudekerk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,645Gear list
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 4, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

I am glad, but all he did was set you up to let the printer adjust color and use the adobe RGB color space. WHen you let the printer control color you have two gamma settings 1.8 and 2.2

Which one did he set it to? And when he switched you over to letting the printer control color, did he then turn it off in the Photoshop Printer dialogue window?

So basically you are no longer using color management and simply letting the printer take over control. But now all is working and so you can see that the R3000 is quite a great printer.

This will work for you as long as you are using OEM ink and OEM papers, through there are some other makers papers that will work quite work letting the driver control color. BUT when the time comes for you to begin trying other maker's papers such as fine art papers, you will have to give up your current approach and begin using their ICC profiles through Photoshop

Joe

I was late to the party because I spent WAY too much time writing my reply below… but the solution was basically what I thought (or hoped:) it would be in that it was in the setup.  By the time I finished, the solution had presented itself.  LOL  The bottom line is that I’m happy for the OP.

For my personal edification, I need to experiment more to see how much the printer driver is willing to tweak output to normalize it.  In other words, it’s possible the driver is compensating for some poor print adjustment issues but how much leads me to testing another day.  But in this case we see a virgin test image being printed with good results so life is good:) And if the print looks like the screen the monitor can’t be too far off.  Letting the printer manage the colors works and takes some of the issues off the plate.  This means that the OP can or should be able to now get good output by changing settings again and let PS manage the colors…with the correct settings, of course.

Bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow