OM-D - to sell or not to sell?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
efg40
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,176Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D - to sell or not to sell?
In reply to BorisGil, Feb 4, 2013

You've already gotten plenty of advice, but speaking as a former enthusiast zoom cam user, I too found it hard at first to give that up. It is so wonderful to have the versatility of a pocketable zoom!

But I was always wanting better speed and image quality. So that was the big compromise. I tried a Pentax and loved it too, but ended up never taking it anywhere because it was just too darned big and in the way of family action, which is my main subject.

The E-M5 is a great size and you just can't beat the speed. I used the kit 14-42 for a while and liked it, then got the Panny 14 2.5 and liked it too. Then the very nice 45 1.8, the best yet, but alittle long for family shots.

It wasn't until I bit the bullet and got the Panny 25 1.4 that I just finally felt happy again. It is a very versatile focal length, has a great color and depth, and I am getting more keepers with this combo than I ever got in a lifetime of cams. And while it's no pancake, it fits the E-M5 very well and and together they are similar in size to the larger high zoom P&S's.  Course for others it's the 20 or the 17 or a zoom, but for me this is the lens that made it fun.

-- hide signature --

Elizabeth
efg40

efg40's gear list:efg40's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow