What can't the Olympus OM-D Em5 do as well as a DSLR/SLT camera?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Kim Flowers
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: What can't the Olympus OM-D Em5 do as well as a DSLR/SLT camera?
In reply to mosswings, Feb 4, 2013

Good to know that it has all the manual capabilities of a DSLR.  That was one thing I was unsure about.  A couple EM5 owners also commented that the EVF is actually very good with little or no lag, so that's another of my concerns answered.  (I live in a beautiful mountain town, but we have no real camera store so I haven't seen the EM5 in person yet.)

The clincher is, I don't only shoot static subjects.  Unfortunately, in order to gain quick/tracking AF (i.e. by purchasing an entry/mid level dslr), I may have to give up the IQ and other awesome features of this camera   It does sound like the mirrorless cameras may eventually overcome these AF issues through improvements with contrast detection AF in the future, though (I'd essentially asked this same question regarding the Sony NEX cameras compared to the Sony dSLT's, but I wasn'tcertain the same AF issues applied to the EM5 with its different sensor size.)

Thanks much for your input!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow