Fully Encoded E-M5 Batteries that are 100% compatible

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,767Gear list
Like?
Re: I would avoid
In reply to GAitken, Feb 4, 2013

GAitken wrote:

My (limited) experience with non-oem batteries is that none of them will shoot as many images as the oem version.

I have a pretty long experience with non-oem (never bought a "real" backup battery) and they tend to be about the same on average.  In the case of my Canon 5D2 and 550D, the non-OEM have significantly outlasted the original after years of use.  One of my 550D replacements was pretty much DOA however.  Also, a few 20D batteries years down the line (bought new) didn't hold much charge... but who knows how long they sat on the shelf.  That camera was never reliable with any of the batteries I owned.  m43, I have the OMD and GH2 cheapys, and they seem to be doing well so far (never needed extras for my G1 because the original battery was so strong.  the newer cameras don't seem to last very long).

I don't want a battery which requires its own charger, as then you have to haul the second charger around.

I just use the second charger (and boxed the OEM).  But if you would rather use the original for everything, these batteries might be the trick.

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow