Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Inexplicable, F900EXR vs X100s
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 4, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

TThorne wrote:

These were the features Fuji thought would enhance the X100 experience and help the X100S ride that wave. Other features, like the LCD, got phoned in, corner cut, most likely because they didn't think it was necessary to sell units.

I guess that makes sense. However, since a camera as cheap as the F900EXR gets this 960k LCD, they cannot cost all that much. I would have thought that increasing the volume of screens bought might result in a lower cost to FUJIFILM so that their margins would be higher.

That makes a lot of sense. I was going to say that perhaps Fuji put that LCD in the F900EXR to make it the desirable choice among it's competitors, and they just didn't see it making a difference in the X100S in the same way, but I didn't give much thought to what you're saying here. You are right, it would make a lot more sense to normalize and consolidate in order to keep unit cost down.

Now the only thing I am thinking is that the savings they may have realized in normalizing that screen across platforms may have been defeated by the need to redesign the case or various other components in the X100S since that screen is 2.8" vs the 960K LCD being a 3".

Thats all I can think of. Would anything else make sense?

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow