Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,241Gear list
Like?
Re: Just took the jump to the OMD-E-M5
In reply to acahaya, Feb 4, 2013

acahaya wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

Congratulations. First a word of warning !....watch out for the rubber eye cup. It falls off very easily.

Spoilsport Mine is siting tight since last April and ~ 30000 images and i do not treat my E-M5 like a raw egg.

I lost mine just by pulling it in and out of a large pocket in my parka one afternoon.

Find out about "shutter shock" control and when/how to use it. You will be glad you did.

Why? Although shutter shock for sure is a problem for some users, most of us do not have the problem. We simply do not create posts about not having a problem.

Sure, but it's always best to be aware rather than wonder why you're getting blurred pictures, IF that happens.

And yeah, the manual...sheesh! I have to say it's the worst manual I've ever suffered through for any device. Not that I use them but I'm having difficulty understanding how the art filters are implimented (chosen and stacked). The IBIS is nothing short of magical.

The manual for sure is no master piece but i'd read it anyway. Plus the setup guide here on dpr as well as rr_hhh's link list for usage tips and tricks.

I will check out rr_hhh's link.  Thanks.

Enjoy your camera and ask lots of questions in here.

+1 on having fun withbthe camera and on the questions. The forum search might find lots of answers for questions already asked.

Sabine

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow