Beginner DSLR camera Nikon vs Sony

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Rich Rosen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,230Gear list
Like?
Re: Beginner DSLR camera Nikon vs Sony
In reply to aniljosethomas, Feb 4, 2013

You've done a lot of research on the web. You seem to know about the SLT low light handicap. Now you are hoping experts are able to assist you further. I think, that if you haven't already, you need to handle both cameras. Which ever camera feels like an extension of you and meets your standards is the camera you should choose.

I am a Nikon owner. Despite that, I am not very happy with their video implementation. In video mode, focusing is slow, so it cannot keep up. There is also no aperture control in video mode. I can only imagine that Sony is better, as I have no experience with their cameras ( DSLR' s).

Both  companies have good to great lenses. Sony uses Carl Zeiss for some of their better lenses ( or at least the name). Nikon has been making optical glass since the 1920's.

In  summary, the system you choose must meet your needs and feel comfortable using it.

Rich Rosen's gear list:Rich Rosen's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D3 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow