Planning to buy $700+ worth of equipment from Adorama, should I go to the store?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 14,438
Like?
Re: Planning to buy $700+ worth of equipment from Adorama, should I go to the store?
In reply to lenshoarder, Feb 4, 2013

lenshoarder wrote:

DaveOl wrote:

If you live in NJ or another state than NY, you would not pay state tax. If you buy at the store, you will pay state tax.

Of course it would be nice to go to the "candy store" and be tempted. You might try B&H also.

Not necessarily. If they know you are out of state at B&H, they will calculate whether NY sales tax or shipping is more expensvie and offer you the option of the cheaper option. Even if you buy instore, they will ship it and thus you don't need to pay NY sales tax in store.

I've been to the store, though it was part of a day trip to NY and not specifically for B&H.  Even if I knew of the option, I'd rather order online - it's much quicker than wating in line.  Still, it's an amazing place for any photo enthusiast to visit!

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow