Terada: New 4/3's body (bodies?) in the pipline for 2013

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,284Gear list
Like?
Yes, appears to be so
In reply to Art_P, Feb 3, 2013

Art_P wrote:

In the past, all we've heard from Olympus was if you wanted to move from the E-420/520/620, you could go to a PEN or an E-3.

Don't forget: or ***-off and buy another manufacturer's system.  Excellent customer relations strategy, that.

This most recent comment: 'And there are people using E400, 500 and 600-series DSLRs, we have to provide products for them to keep enjoying their photography.' seems to acknowledge a need for a new E-xxx class camera. Should offer hope for some who felt the E-X too big, but didn't want to move over to micro. Will be interesting to see what, if anything they come up with.

I noticed that, too.  Maybe they did some research and found a large pool of stubborn customers eschewing the 'upgrade by changing system' advice?

I'd like to be able to upgrade my E-620 for use with my 12-60.  There is a large size and weight difference between the E-620 and E-M5, but I wouldn't have an issue with buying an 'E-700' (provided I have the money!) -- OTOH I also want an E-5 replacement for the 50-200.  Or wait a bit longer and see if mFT gets some HG class long telephoto lenses?

I also want to get my mits on an FZ200 to test out the 'good enough, or not?' factor in that sort of superzoom bridge design.  My Canon S3 IS yielded pretty good results back in times of yore.

Too many options...

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow