Ef 200-400mm - pre order !!!

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
rebel99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: I'll be ordering one eventually.
In reply to fredlord, Feb 3, 2013

fredlord wrote:

Despite the price even though I really can't afford one. I'll have to sell my 500L and perhaps my 17 TS-E along with anything else I can spare to get it. It's perfect for my usage.

It has been noted here

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/canon_200_400_view_review.shtml

that the 200-400 will definitely accept the current Canon teleconverters which was a sticking point for me. I need more than the 560mm native focal length the 200-400 offers. I was shooting this week with the 500 combined with the 2X TC III in New Mexico and it was barely adequate most of the time. Sample below.

Adult Sandhill Crane flying out to feed at dawn. Note the ice ring around its lower leg. The birds sleep standing on one leg and the water they were standing in froze around their legs. It was 17°f at dawn.

-- hide signature --

Fred Lord

nice shot! and that is the exact reason why i have decided to get the 600mm f4II real soon and use my tc 1.4xIII/2.0xIII very nicely with it. 500mm fl is not enough for BIF and the new 200-400mm tele is not going to be that great by the time you load and extra external tc, imo. don't feel bad, the price of the 600mm f4II is even higher, requires a 1st born and 2 arms to get it but fortunately, i am able to afford it and enjoy it for a long time to come and i even do special workouts to be able to handle it by hand!

cheerz.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow