Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,222Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony RX100 low ISO JPGs look pretty good.
In reply to YiannisPP, Feb 3, 2013

Though somehow I don't think that the RX100's sensor/lens combo comes near to resolving as much real detail as the NEX-7 (what lens?)

That was with the Crappy 18-55 at F5.6 ..  the S90 is almost as sharp at pixel level in RAW (though without the DR or depth of course) so I`d expect the RX100 to be also so long as you don`t stop it down to far - those idiots at Photographyblog were running the RX100 at F11 - way way way into diffraction , shame as they have the only normal RAW samples I can find from the cam .

You didn't tell me though, you think LR 4.3 will apply hidden NR, even if I set it to zero?

I do think it does . Capture one 5 probably does too but only on supported cameras, the NEX series aren`t supported and only work after DNG processing so no NR added at all there . sadly even after DNG conversion the RX100 RAWs don`t show up at all so had to use FastStone to try them (if C1 worked I`d have one by now) .

-- hide signature --

** A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow