New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,834
Like?
I usually is a wrong setting...
In reply to Carolyn S, Feb 3, 2013

Carolyn S wrote:

Wait Joe....I had something totally unexpected happen. Epson called me (I had sent an email with my frustrations to them) and he wanted to look at my settings and see if there was anything he could do to help. He took over the computer and walked me though setting up to print. It seems that I have been using the wrong color profile....should have been using AdobeRGB instead of the other (can't think what it is called). He also put the printer in charge of color and then set the gamma up a bit. And lo and behold! It printed out what I was looking for in an image!!! I was floored. It is (as close as it can be) close to the monitor and the image from Epson 4000...enough so I am very happy!!! In fact, I like the 3000 image a bit better than the 4000!!

So I think my problem is solved, for now. Thank you for your willingness to print an image for me. That was extremely thoughtful. Thank you, again for your patience!...and all the time you spent with me.

Carolyn...once again a happy camper!

99% of the time.  Look at most posts aorund this forum for the last few years and usually the wrong colors or dark prints are settings, with bad printers being very rare.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow