Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Craig76
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Photo retouch from Friday "Flooded Cemetery"
Feb 3, 2013

This is a shot I made Friday. It was to cold to get out and do anything, and I just had a long day going with family to see doctors. I did get a chance to stop at Barnes and Noble and looked at this one book "Adobe Master Class" for a couple minutes. Looks like a well put together book and featured some photography from Natalie Dybisz, one of my favorite portrait photographers, as well as many others. This got me thinking during the ride home.

I like to push post processing. Often that is when I do much of the composition. I enjoy taking the ordinary and twisting it around in a way that it wouldn't normally be looked at. So when I got home I booted up Lightroom and digging through my RAW archives found a panorama of a sunset I had shot back in 2006. By itself it wasn't very interesting, but when I created the water reflection it made a rolling series of leading lines to draw the viewers eye. I used the headstones from the cemetery shot as an arrow to point the viewers eye  to the 'bubble' created by the clouds and water. At that point I added a shore line and lighthouse. The lighthouse to give the viewers eye a place to 'rest', while the shoreline in turn points the viewer back out. Compositionally I felt this image accomplished everything I wanted it to do.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/cpilecky

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow