Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sinoslav
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Tripod recommendations?
Feb 3, 2013

I'm looking into buying my first tripod and I would appreciate recommendations and suggestions.  My camera body is a Nikon D7000 and my largest/heaviest lenses are the Nikon 105mm Macro and the Nikon 70-300mm 4.5-5.6.  I'm interested in a tripod that is sturdy but also light and compact enough to take on hiking daytrips and also to lug around as a backpacking tourist for a couple of weeks at a time to third-world countries.  My height is 173cm.  It would be nice to get a setup that would work if I upgrade at some time in the next couple of years to a larger FX body like the D800.  For legs I am currently thinking about the Manfrotto 190CXPro4, which is relatively comfortable to me in terms of price, but I am willing to consider more expensive legs if the increase in quality justifies the price.  For a tripod head I am really quite naive; I'm inclined to buy a higher-quality product that will last me longer, but at the same time I don't know what my preferences are as I haven't used tripods before.  Any suggestions or recommendations will be very welcome!

ANSWER:
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow