Can having guns protect you from being killed by another gun?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mentor_1
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,773Gear list
Like?
Re: Cars
In reply to RobertSigmund, Feb 3, 2013

RobertSigmund wrote:

Chato wrote:

carlk wrote:

Apprantly this man couldn't.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20130203-chris-kyle-record-holding-sniper-as-navy-seal-killed-in-double-slaying-at-erath-county-gun-range.ece

He happened to be one of the most proficient gun users in the world and was killed at a place where there were plenty of guns around. I just don't know how a good guy, he's definitely an NRA's good guy, can avoid being shot even when, and especially if, everyone has a gun.

He was trying to help a disturbed acquaintance, who was suffering from PTSD. Having a gun is no protection from the person you're trying to help. Guy could have run him over with is car, and then you could have a thread, called, "will owning a car protect you from other car owners?"

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Strange that we hear the notion "car" so often in the gun ´╗┐discussion.

One can see cars critically or be a car fan - this does not have a lot to do with guns.

I have a car permit which I renew every 5 years and then I license my car every year as well as pay for insurance in case it causes harm to someone. so far no harm has come to anyone............ but it could accidentally go off,,,, to the other lane.

-- hide signature --

Mentor
May the light be with you
Stop global whining
Stupid should hurt
Gear: My Lab Lara, cameras, lens, tripod, monopod, cars, MH, motorcycles (yah bought another), helmet, yacht, shoes etc. too much stuff.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GMABNew
CarsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow