Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohninTexas
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Request for recommendations
Feb 3, 2013

I will be taking a River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest later this summer and would appreciate your comments and recommendation. I will be taking a Nikon D600 and have a choice of a 70-200 and/or a 24-70.   I would guess that most of the photo ops would be landscape oriented (thus the 24-70) and as such the 70-200 may not get much use.  Do you agree?   The 70-200 is a great lens but it is heavy and not the most travel friendly item to carry.  If you think it would be a mistake to not have the 70-200 then I arrange to take the lens, but if I can avoid the need for this heavy lens, that is okay.

Also, other than being aware of potential security problems that exist everywhere in the world today, what are the "don't miss" areas between Amsterdam and Budapest?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and recommendations.

-- hide signature --

John
USA

JohninTexas's gear list:JohninTexas's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Portrait Professional Studio +2 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow