Cosina Lenses

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Domagoj Batinic
Contributing MemberPosts: 513Gear list
Like?
Re: Cosina Lenses
In reply to Droogie45, Feb 3, 2013

Droogie45 wrote:

​Yesterday I was at a local estate sale and came across a Cosina film camera with 4 lenses - 2 telephoto (one was an after market), a 50mm 1.8 with the words starlite on the barrel and a 30.mm 1.8 still mounted on the camera. The whole kit was $60. I didn't buy it (cheapskate that I am) because I didn't want the after market telephoto or the body, however I'm talking the woman who ran the estate sale into breaking up the kit and just sell me some of the lenses. These look to be k-mount (is that right?) and since I use some Pentax legacy glass on my G3 thought it might be a good deal on the lenses. I'm still a bit of a amateur when it comes to legacy glass. Anyone have an idea what the worth of the 50mm Cosina 1.8 or the 30mm might be? I'm pretty sure I can get the lenses for around $20 each. I'd seen some Cosina/Voigtlander lenses on a couple site that looked pretty decent. Is this a good deal?

Cosina had some decent lenses and also had some crap lenses. they made lenses for other brands like Vivitar. Cosina/Voigtlander lenses are more quality lenses than plain Cosina.

if you can buy them for 20$ a piece, buy it, try it, and re-sell it if you don't like the results from them

-- hide signature --

my gear:
E-M5+45mm/1.8
E-520+12-60+14-42+70-300+Sigma 105 + FL-50R+EC20 + SRF-11
and good number of legacy lenses (list in profile)

Domagoj Batinic's gear list:Domagoj Batinic's gear list
Olympus D-620L Olympus C-2000 Zoom Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-550 UZ Olympus SP-560 UZ +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow