Today's Effort

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,507Gear list
Like?
Re: Today's Effort
In reply to Ralph McKenzie, Feb 3, 2013

Ralph McKenzie wrote:

While we are all waiting for the new Fuji's to hit the shelves, or staying out of the weather, I have been using the time to complete a new version of the "Pettites" that will be sold on-line I'm finally happy with the design. The curved stand was something I had wanted to do for some time.

I finally got around to setting up a jig to make them. They are made from Macrocarpa strips, laminated together, as is the veneering on the speaker. They will be stained the same colour as the enclosure and be mounted on a larger foot plate ( the one in shot is a temporary plate.)

My son is putting together the website and I will do a promo photo shoot using the HS20 for the info and adverts. Unfortunately the HS50 wont get here before I finish these. It would have been nice to try out some promo shots with the '50, but that will have to wait

Lovely design, Ralph. Too bad shipping to Canada would be outrageous

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow