Canon interview: the end of the DX pro line

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,106
Like?
Re: Canon interview: the end of the DX pro line
In reply to seahawk, Feb 3, 2013

seahawk wrote:

As said, I am at the point where I just want to know the future of DX. I am not saying a D400 would not be interesting, but I want to know in which direction I need to shape my current equipment set-up. One thing is certain, currently Nikon won´t see any money from me. I would like to have a pro-level wide angle for DX (the 20mm 2.8 would be ok on FX), but I would also need at least the 80-400 for FX (the 70-300 is ok on DX), but currently I am buying neither because there is a 50:50 chance I would buy the "wrong" lens.

Yeah, I've frozen new lens purchases too until I understand what the future is for top-end DX.  At this point, I don't even know if I'll be staying with Nikon long term.  This seems like a less than desirable situation for Nikon when a group of customers are not buying a new body because Nikon hasn't made one they're interested in and customers aren't buying new lenses because the Nikon future is unclear.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
wellNew
YeahNew
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow