New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,538
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Carolyn S, Feb 3, 2013

Carolyn S wrote:

Thank you for hanging in with me. It is nice to know that I am not alone out here in printer land! I am encouraged that you say this is a very good printer for a 13in. So, if I send it back, what would I even replace it with would be a question I would have to face. I could go with a 17 in, but do not have the space in my house for larger and I would probably have the same problems! I think I am going to have to learn this little printer and it's quircks.

I have looked at colormunki and Spyder 4 and am thinking about one or the other. They have versions for about $170. I think I am comfortable with that....I have to admit that $450 scares me a lot. I am still not sold that that will fix my problem. I hear you, though and will do something here to calibrate my system and then print and see what i get.

Thank you, again

Carolyn

Carolyn,

If you will never use any other inks but OEM you really would not need the PHOTO version ( $450 )

Here is an offer for you.

Among my army of printers, I have a R2880 which uses the same identical ink set as your R3000

We can do one or two things. You can email me a file you have already printed but turned out too dark but looks good on your computer, I will then print it on either Epson Premium Glossy or Presentation matte using color management and ICC profile. I will then mail you the print. I will also print the same test image you already printed if that will help for you to compare with yours.

If your printer is working OK my print from your image should pretty much match your dark print.

I will check it on my calibrated monitor as well as it's histogram. If it looks dark on my calibrated monitor, then your monitor is indeed too bright.

Email me your image and an address and I can do this test for you.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow