Nikon 14-24 v Zeiss Distagon 21 F2.8 D800 for landscape and cityscape work

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Re: Nikon 14-24 v Zeiss Distagon 21 F2.8 D800 for landscape and cityscape work
In reply to anotherMike, Feb 3, 2013

anotherMike wrote:

I wrote a fairly exhaustive comparison of these two lenses a few weeks ago in the lens forum, but to summarize, as an owner of both of these lenses, it would go something like this:

-snip-

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your review, especially the part about "different tools."

One question, have you ever tried the Zeiss 18mm F3.5 against the Nikkor Zoom?  I have the Zeiss 18mm already, and for my uses, on my D700, I just love the lens for what I need and use.  But I have never used that Nikkor zoom.  I looked real close at it, as I have the 24-70mm zoom, and while it is a great lens, ergonomically it can get heavy after a while.

While you are restricted in some regards with a primary lens, there are days I use my old MF 24mm Nikkor (very sharp, very nice) because it is lighter to walk around with all day than the 24-70mm zoom.  That's the primary reason I went the Zeiss 18mm over the nikkor zoom - ergonomics.  But if anybody has an optical comparison, love to hear it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow