Disney World - What to Bring??

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Disney World - What to Bring??
In reply to JackM, Feb 3, 2013

JackM wrote:

Doing the Disney World trip for the first time with my family. Kids are 10 and 7. Staying at the Polynesian. I'm torn as to what to bring. Here is my gear:

5D3

17-40L

24-70L

70-200/2.8LII

100/2

Considering buying either a 35/2 IS or a Fuji X100s for the trip.

Have you done the Disney trip with your DSLR? Are you glad you did? Do you wish you had brought something smaller?

Right now I am thinking of these possible combinations, in order of my current leaning:

1. 5D3 + 35/2 + 100/2
  2. Fuji X100s only
  3. 5D3 + 24-70
  4. 5D3 + 17-40 + 100/2
  5. 5D3 + 17-40 + 70-200
  6. 5D3 + 24-70 + 70-200

I am torn between lightness+portability, and photo capability. I'd love to hear from some people who have been there!!

Thanks.

Been to Disney many, many times.  Here is my best suggestion.

First of all, with kids that age, you will not be able to keep them still, so I would probably consider visiting the Magic Kingdom at least two times during your stay.  One day to enjoy the rides and park, the other day to take photos.  The day you intended to just enjoy the park, take a pocket camera.  The lighter the better.  NOTE:  Utilize the Disney Photo Pass during this day.  Disney has many locational Pro Photographers that will be more than willing to snap your family photos for you and put them on a plastic card that you can view later in your hotel room.  It is a FREE service, but you download and pay from their Disney Photo Pass website.

The second day you go, take you best camera and snap away until you heart is content.  Let the kids now this is photo day, and you will do as many rides as possible, but it is photo day.

Or, you could just look here to get all of your Disney photos you want to see. 

http://www.pbase.com/brw_2909

Have a Great Time.  I am 57 years of age, and still enjoy the parks tremendously.

One other, final note.  I would strongly suggest to anyone going to Orlando and the parks, to go after Thanksgiving and during the Holiday season.  The parks are decorated beautifully, and it is cooler, the crowds are not as bad, and best yet, the HUMIDITY is almost non existent.   Personally, our family will never go during the Summer again.  That is how much we enjoy the Parks during the Holidays.

Have a great time.

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow