A99 "hack"?: Use a DT lens for sRAW

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Calico Jack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,784Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 "hack"?: Use a DT lens for sRAW
In reply to joerawr, Feb 3, 2013

The A850/A900 has a manual setting for APS-C @ 11MP which allows the use of DT and other APS-C lenses in addition to that, when using FF lenses, set the APS-C mode on to get an instant 1.5x magnification increase (an electronic teleconverter) again @ 11MP which means you have 2 formats in a single body and can use both lens types albeit at different file sizes but retain the various file formats.

Not having any experience with the 2 digit Alpha's, did Sony ditch the manual lens type format selection in lieu of it being automated and if so, how does compare to the A850/A900 in terms of customisation?

On a tangent, I find it very useful (and those who cannot afford expensive PP software) that my Pentax K-5 has the PEF RAW, various quality JPEG and DNG file formats).  Pentax BTW have some superb menu and other features that Sony could well do with incorporating, but Pentax doesn't make a FF body.  The only thing my K-5 is missing is an A-Mount as it's pretty much spot-on in all other departments.  Anyone looking for a 7D kit?

-- hide signature --

Mark @ Sonolta * Photography

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow