DPP workflow? Dust delete data on a damaged sensor...

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zalle
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
DPP workflow? Dust delete data on a damaged sensor...
Feb 3, 2013

Hi guys,

I own a 5D MKii with a damaged sensor. There are some (many actually) dust spots that are permanent.

Not usually a problem, because most of my images are taken F8 or wider, but I don't like to have to think about that, so I found out that DPP and dust delete data will solve my problem.

My workflow usually goes like this: download raws to computer, import to Lightroom, work on my pictures, export as jpg's.

What I want to know now is: If I have a raw image, and open it with DPP to use my Dust Delete Data, I then have to save it as a JPG or TIFF... I can't use my raw anymore, son what do I do with Lightroom?

Ideally I would open pictures with DPP, use Dust Delete Data, save the Raw and then import my clean files to Lightroom. But this is not possible, is it?

One other option would be to import to Lightoom, work on my images, export them to jpg's and THEN clean them with DPP, but AFAIK Dust Delete Data does not work with jpg's.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow