5D vs. OM-D

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
MatsP
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
Re: 5D vs. OM-D
In reply to marike6, Feb 3, 2013

MatsP wrote:

Thank you for sharing this. Interesting un-scientifical comparison between an up-to-date m4/3 and a little dated FF. When looking at your pictures I must say I llike those from the 5D better. Sharper in the center, nicer bokeh and more colour. But it can be the lenses rather than the cameras that make it.

I own an OM-D but have a strong desire for an FF and have thought of getting a 5D classic as well for fun. They are cheap now. Maybe it's not a bad idea at all.

You would probably be better off with a used 5D II or a new 6D (or the Nikon equivalents).  Higher resolution files, beter AF, wonderful video quality, capable of professional quality results, etc.

Not that there's anything wrong with the 5D, but if I were buying I would of the lower resolution FFs I might consider a D700, but would more likely get a slightly more modern FF.

I agree that the FF images look a bit better here, but FF excels at this type of photography.

Or maybe a used 1Ds mkll....they go for about the same money as a 5D with grip.

But I really don't need it to be honest just for bokeh. I get nice bokeh with my old f-Z 38/1.8 on my OM-D.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow