Interesting observation (probably just academic)

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
pigpogm
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting observation (probably just academic)
In reply to Zhe Zhang, Feb 3, 2013

I noticed the same thing just yesterday.  I took the same photo with the kit zoom (SELP1650), then the Asahi Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4.  The results are probably also thrown somewhat because I'd left ND and polarising filters stuck on the front (easiest way I'd found to carry them, and I'm not used to it - forgot to take them off!).  Sony kit lens first:

Nice colours, but the background can't be blurred out much.  Next up, the Takumar:

The background blurs out really nicely, but the colour is completely different - oddly, the Takumar has lost a lot of the warmth, though it's mostly lost the intensity.

I liked the more intense colours from the kit lens, so I edited a little in Aperture to give the Takumar shot a bit more of that look, and I think I like this one best:

Quite similar to the Sony colours, but with the shallow DoF from the Takumar.  Still a bit different in colours.  I'm not entirely sure between this one and the original Takumar shot, but the difference in colours between the first two seem to be showing the same thing you found.

pigpogm's gear list:pigpogm's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Apple Aperture +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow