Canon U.K. repair service compared to Nikon?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 3,860Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon U.K. repair service compared to Nikon?
In reply to cerberusjf, Feb 3, 2013

My own experience with Canon service is a definate 1/10, & they only get the one because they didn't loose my camera! I have told the story here before a few months ago, so will just give a brief outline. They sent my camera to one of their authorised repairers to fix a fault under warranty. They had the camera for 6 weeks despite calls, & fault still not fixed, in fact they tried to charge me to fix faults not present when I sent camera off. Original fault said to be "Impact Damage not covered by warranty" When camera returned to me for second time, after a total of 3 months, not only original fault still there, but menu's now inacessable. I got my money back + cash compensation from the shop, John Lewis, who were brilliant throughout this. So, NO, I would NOT recommend Canon service to anyone. Problem is, under warranty you have no option. Just watch out you are not ripped off with spurious "Repairs".

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow