ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,088Gear list
Like?
Canon S60 R.I.P - and a few shots
Feb 3, 2013

Hi,

A few weeks (a month or so?) ago I asked in the forum if anyone knew what might be happening with my S60, which seemed to be displaying a fault with the LCD.  I was going to give it to my son for a school trip.   I got a few suggestions, thank you, including finding another old one and cannibalising the parts, but further examination established that it was the processor at fault, not the LCD. A new circuit board and repair was out of the question, so the S60 has reached the end of the line........R.I.P

It was our first foray in to digital photography.  It was quite a svelte and nicely featured compact with a sharp 28-100 zoom - one of the few in 2004 that started at 28mm (equiv FOV).  It was a mere 5mpx and we purchased it here in Australia for about $900.00!!!  It journeyed at home and around the world with us until 2010 and recorded many memories.  Here are three to send it off.......Nova Scotia, Paris and Venice.

Cheers, Rod

Aylesford Lake, Nova Scotia

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Nikon Coolpix S60
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow