RobbGee
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Re: Welcome comments - no need for a poll
In reply to DonParrot, Feb 3, 2013

Hi All

DonParrot wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

Terada's statement is pretty clear cut. A DSLR with a better viewfinder (optical as of today). And offering to fill the entry level E-xxx as well as Pro DSLR niches. The only thing he did not say is which DSLR line would come next, an E-xxx, an E-xx or an E-x.

No sir. He talked about FT and a viefinder and AF performance that will have what it takes to make the FT users happy. At the same time, he didn't say with a single word that the coming camera that is supposed to realise this goal will be a DSLR. And - to be honest - I don't see Oly investing in a dying breed, such as the DSLR technology.

And then, I don't think that all those who left the boat are ready to come back - and it will be extremely difficult for Oly to acquire new FT DSLR users.

So, as I have understood Toshi Terada, there will be cameras that will make the FT users happy - but he didn't promise a DSLR.

Just like to say i agree with Don's view.

There are some seriously good "entry" level DSLR's being produced today. Think Nikon D3200 with 24mp and Pentax K-30 with weather sealing.

My E-420 is back up for to a Pentax K-30. Each month that passes without an Oly entry level DSLR futher erodes Olympus's potential 4/3 rds market share.

It seems to me that the future for Olympus is micro 4/3 rds, why risk anything else?

I will not be holding my breath for a new Oly FT DSLR.

Best

RobbGee

RobbGee's gear list:RobbGee's gear list
Olympus E-420 Pentax K-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow