Now for a second light, Yongnuo?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Starshot
Contributing MemberPosts: 764
Like?
Re: Now for a second light, Yongnuo?
In reply to Sailor Blue, Feb 3, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

As far as I'm concerned I only use E-TTL II when the subject to flash distance is constantly changing and then I expect to have to do minor exposure changes on every individual image.

When the subject to flash distance is fixed it is much better to use manual flash power control so that all the image have the exact same exposure. Even if you have to do an exposure correction you can do it for one image then simply apply the same correction to all the other images.

I would recommend the Neewer TT520 or the Yongnuo YN-460 II or YN-560 II flash units. Even if you use the 430EX II in E-TTL II mode you can set these flash units to ignore the pre-flashes from your 430EX II and fire with the exposure flash.

Product Review: Neewer TT520 Speedlite Flash - Sam Rosenthal Photography | Blog:

Speedlights.net | Yongnuo Speedlite YN 460-II Flash Review (Manual Flash)

Speedlights.net | Yongnuo Speedlite YN560-II Manual Flash (Manual Flash)

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Thanks. I broke down and bought some YN622 TTL transceivers. I just couldn't stand the idea of being tethered. I could probably just go ahead and get a third one when I get a new flash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow