why are (almost) all my canon primes so old?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
M Stewart
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
Re: why are (almost) all my canon primes so old?
In reply to Blastophaga, Feb 3, 2013

I use a 5D II, 1D IV; with a 50D with its kit IS zoom lens when I'm travelling light. The biggest improvement to my lenses' performance was when I bought a body with AF MA, as most of my collection of long primes benefited from some correction.

My main interest is bird photography so I have an EF 500 F/4L IS and 300 F/2.8L IS as well as the same 300 as yourself. "Zooming" is done by adding extenders!

I do have and use two full-frame zooms - the EF 28-205 3.5 to 5.6 USM Mk II (which is smaller than the 24-105L), and the EF 70-200 F/4L IS.

I make good use of my EF 35 F/2 but would certainly like to try a more modern formulation with better coatings etc.  IS on a 35 doesn't interest me, and it may have inflated the price way beyond my means.  My next purchase? Probably the TSE 24 Mk II.  I'd like a 50 F/1.4 with a reliable AF motor and with good performance from F/1.4 through to F/11.

-- hide signature --

M. Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

M Stewart's gear list:M Stewart's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow