Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 599
Like?
NIKON SHOOTER COMMENTS ON NEX SYSTEM...picture samples posted
Feb 3, 2013

hello fellow nex shooters,bought the nex c3 with kit 16mm 2.8 on black friday 2011 and have been shooting it alongside my d700/d300s and now d600. it took me awhile..long time to finally get comfortable with it as i'm used to viewing and composing my images via ovf,now that i shoot it on a regular basis i'm ok with it.i shoot it almost exclusively with my nikkor lenses via the manual adapter and prime lenses, i use manual exposure 100% and of course manual focus via the excellent focus peak feautre,i also use a 4x view magnifier for critical focus..i rarely/almost never use the 16mm 2.8...image quality with this little $400 camera is truly OUTSTANDING..it has better iq and much better dr and HIGH ISO performance than my d300s,convinced now that the 16mp chip in this camera..and others(nikon d7000,pentax k series etc)is the sweet spot for aps-c and probably the best out there for crop sensors.for controlled shooting where speed and high frame rate is not an issue i find myself reaching for the little sony..i have to add that for my fast paced shooting and when i "must get the shot"my nikons rule,i love this little camera and wish sony would release a ff 24mp nex with FAST PDAF and short blackout time.. that would really wake up nikon and canon,posted some reduced file size samples see below

nex c3 with nikkor 50mm 1.8afd

WORLD TRADE CENTER(FREEDOM TOWER)RISING UP NEX C3 WITH SAMYANG 14MM 2.8

OBAMA INNAUGURATION  NEX C3 WITH SONY 16MM 2.8

N Y C SUBWAY  NEC C3 WITH NIKKOR 50MM 1.8 AFD

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY  NEX C3 WITH SONY 16MM 2.8

GRAFFITI ART NEX C3 WITH NIKKOR 50MM1.8AFD

NASA BOEING 747-100 NEX C3 WITH SAMYANG 14MM 2.8..CONVERTED TO B/W IN LIGHTROOM

N Y C SUBWAY NEX C3 WITH SAMYANG 14MM 2.8

N Y C SUBWAY NEX C3 WITH NIKKOR 50MM AFD 1.8

N Y C SUBWAY..RUSH HOUR NEX C3 WITH NIKKOR 50MM 1.8AFD

N Y SUBWAY..RUSH HOUR NEX C3 WITH NIKKOR 50MM 1.8AFD

WORLD TRADE CENTER MEMORIAL  NEX C3 WITH TOKINA 20-35 2.8D

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow