Are you thinking about selling your D600 and try from a new lot?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: I reverse that: How do you know there is one?
In reply to lock, Feb 3, 2013

lock wrote:

If there would be one, the would have told us and asked us to send it in for repair.
I sent an email to Nikon this week about the dust issue, and in my case, the coating issue. I know they read it cause this is the regular communication channel with customers. Not a word about a fix came back. That is why I know.

Why are you so confident that they would they have told us? That just doesn't seem to be Nikon's way of operating.

In the past Nikon have quite often made changes to camera bodies to address some issue or other - without telling anybody there was a change or acknowledging there was an issue in the first place. If the oil/dust issue can be fixed with a small design or part change or by better production control Nikon will probably do this without telling anyone.

They probably feel they would open themselves up to a flood of returns if they acknowledged things like this.

Now whether or not they have actually changed something to address the D600 dust/oil issue - who knows?

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow