Which APS camera to buy?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Questions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
Re: Which APS camera to buy?
In reply to pixelized, Feb 3, 2013

pixelized wrote:

I am looking to buy a camera with an APS-C sensor - not 4/3. My top two are the Fuji X-E1 and the Sony NEX-6. My top 3 priorities are high IQ, high ISO with little or no noise and form factor - I don't want a mini-slr body. Which of these two would be your camera to buy and why? Can anyone suggest a different camera that is better?

As both avid Fuji and Sony user the differences are pretty much in image quality vs easy of operation.

Fuji image looks more post processed while Sony image looks more generic. It is like difference between a movie and a news look. Fuji wins, but the look may not be everyones taste or desire.

In exact terms the Sony cameras are more advanced and despite the manual settings and PASM the cameras just simply excels as one button full auto push cameras. The advanced Auto simply makes very little need to fiddle with the settings.

Fuji is more hands on approach - very often you would actually NEED to do some even if slight manual adjustment mostly to compensate for the Fuji less advanced logic. Like manually switch macro, switch from OVF to EVF, setting your own shutter speed or even manual focus.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow