Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,455Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 vs X-Pro 1 vs Sony RX100 indoors
In reply to Joachim Gerstl, Feb 3, 2013

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

JoeRadza wrote:

Very nice comparison. I've been shooting close to 50 years and recently obtained the X100. I'm loving it. I think I'm not as steady as I used to be, and that may be why I'm not seeing the "pop" I like. I've been experimenting with the film modes and have pretty much settled on Velvia. One question, in the past I always used center weighted metering, but I'm not sure about how the X100 is reacting to the two metering modes multi or averaging. I find the spot dead on but obviously don't use all the time. What do you suggest. I'm all over the place. Thanks, Joe

Hi,

Thank you.

Me too. In the past I used center weight as it is the most predictable exposure metering. I changed to matrix since I shoot digital. I change to spot sometimes but I found out that matrix has become very good for normal light and in case of the Fuji's very predictable in low light. Key is to know how the metering reacts to certain conditions and compensate. For low light indoor -1 stop is a good starting point. Really low light like the shark image: -2.

Backlit portraits: +1 to +1.5

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow