New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,218
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Carolyn S, Feb 3, 2013

Carolyn S wrote:

Thank you for your time and patience, Joe. I am having to come to terms that maybe all this time my 4000 hasn't been printing right and now I am faced with having to make major adjustments. I have already started looking at Monitor calibration equipment and I see that is probably my next expense. At least I think I need to do that before I totally give up on this printer.

Do not give up on the printer! It is one of the best 13" printer available! You problem ia nothing new. Practically everyone has expereinced them. If you just google, or search here "My prints as too dark" you will realize that you are not alone. An in fact, you are not alone, we or least I will help you as much as I can to get you there!

I know the monitor is backlit and that isn't natural....but when my 4000 printed ok with it I felt all was right with the world. Now I am shocked a bit back to reality I guess. I have had the 4000 for 8 years, so I have a lot of changing to do !

It's hard pill to swallow! One you get your monitor properly calibrated the rest will fall perfectly in place. I strugled for over ayear before I finally began to understand what it took to produce a correct print. I had no idea that a source as this forum even existed so it was more like the school of hard knocks.

The black and white ramp looks lovely, though I do not detect steps....I just see a very smooth and gradual flow from complete black to clear white.

This B&W rand is a gradual one. Often they contain distinct steps. Ideally you will have a pure black and a pure paper white, with discernibvle steps inbetween. Check for color neutrality throught the complete ramp.

So now I am off to price monitor calibrating equipment. I do want my images to look right. I just have to emotionally accept the fact that what I had before was probably not right.

The average is a bit costly at about $450 but do look around on ebay and on Amazon. Back whn I got mine I was able to snag a new one for $350. But I have not seen them at that price lately.

Thank you again for your patience!

No problem

Joe

Carolyn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow