New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Carolyn S
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 3, 2013

Thank you for your time and patience, Joe.  I am having to come to terms that maybe all this time my 4000 hasn't been printing right and now I am faced with having to make major adjustments.  I have already started looking at Monitor calibration equipment and I see that is probably my next expense.  At least I think I need to do that before I totally give up on this printer.

I know the monitor is backlit and that isn't natural....but when my 4000 printed ok with it I felt all was right with the world.  Now I am shocked a bit back to reality I guess.  I have had the 4000 for 8 years, so I have a lot of changing to do !

The black and white ramp looks lovely, though I do not detect steps....I just see a very smooth and gradual flow from complete black to clear white.

So now I am off to price monitor calibrating equipment.  I do want my images to look right.  I just have to emotionally accept the fact that what I had before was probably not right.

Thank you again for your patience!

Carolyn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow