Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,054Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 and RX100: side-by-side low ISO still life photos
In reply to jpatkinson, Feb 3, 2013

jpatkinson wrote:

Ric Kaysen wrote:

I always prefer to own top of the line in whatever category, but I ask myself is the RX1 photo worth over 2K more than the RX100 photo.

Frankly, I ask myself the same question every now and then. I bought the RX1, busted it, then got the RX100 to use until the RX1 was repaired. At this point -- I clearly like the low-light benefits of the RX1, the bokeh, and shallower DOF -- but if I had the RX100 and didn't have the cash for the RX1, I think I would be pretty happy with the results most of the time!

I bought the RX1 less than a week ago after having the RX100 for several months and I feel much the same way (so far). Yes, I can see that the RX1 produces superior images, especially  in side-by-side comparisons, but the RX100 is just so good it does make me wonder if the price differential is worth it. [Of course, it's still early days for me, so I may become obsessed with the RX1, but it's not happening yet]

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow