Tokina 11-16mm on the A99.

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Top Dog Imaging
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Re: Tokina 11-16mm Best FF Wide for the Buck
In reply to Jeadm, Feb 3, 2013

This lens is the best kept wide angle FF secret in the world of Sony. The Tokina 11-16 works beautifully on my a850 at 16mm. It is sharp except for s smidge around the corners, renders great color, shows no linear distortion. It exhibits CA along the right and left side of the frame, but is easily minimized or eliminated in Photoshop. I used it on a few architecture shoots and for some personal projects. I think the resolving power in this lens is astounding. Sadly, I am about to put my Tokina up for sell.

I have had to migrate over to the Nikon because I needed to be able to have access to a wider range of lenses and had to have that bit of resolution that the d800 offers. I love the Sony FFs. I like the a99 a lot and would have upgraded to it from the a850 if I hadn't recently acquired a demanding new client. I'm sure Sony will be introducing another cool FF in 2014. Unfotunately, I can't wait.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow