Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
NIK11
Senior MemberPosts: 2,747
Like?
Re: Cameralabs A/F comparison...
In reply to YiannisPP, Feb 3, 2013

YiannisPP wrote:

NIK11 wrote:

Let's agree they are both(LX7/RX100) quick for compacts, but as you can see one well respected reviewer thinks the LX7 is a tad faster and more dependable.

Nick

Of course we can agree on that. But can we also agree that just because one reviewer found the LX7 a tad faster (even if he's got it right), it doesn't justify calling the RX100 sluggish? What do you think? Can we agree that insisting on calling one of the fastest cameras in AF (according to all reviews) sluggish, can only mislead unsuspecting people and only reduces the value of this forum?

People regularly overstate matters in these forums, it's part of the 'perfectionist' language.

I have been researching various Review sites trying to find reliable information about which compact has the best A/F and continuous rates, and have been quite surprised at the variance in results with the same camera at different sites.

I can only conclude the variance has to do with different testing equipment, different lighting and how contrasty the subject matter is. Perhaps IR are testing in good conditions (where the RX100 does very well) whereas Cameralabs states categorically they compared the RX100/LX7 for example in a variety of circumstances.

Whatever the truth of confusing review results, I am wary about drawing a firm conclusion from just one site's results, and more inclined to listen to users or reviewers who have compared said cameras at the same time in the same (variety of) conditions.

Hope that helps.

Nick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow