Contributing MemberPosts: 863
Like?
Re: 5DII metering mode and exposure lock question
In reply to Fog Maker, Feb 3, 2013

Fog Maker wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Fog Maker wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

This bums me out as I don't like the idea of having to hit a second button either. Sory, but it's just more to have to remember and it's something about the 5D2 I don't like. If it's no problem, then why did Canon add this function in the 5D3, since no one ever has a problem with the way the 5D2 limited you?

So you tell your playing kids, "hold on and hold that pose while I look around and find something to meter off of"? I take a lot of people pics and I want to use partial or center weited and I want to focus and recompose and have the darn expose and focus locked, I dont want to have to hit the darn * button too.

I agree with the original poster that this sucks and Canon should have just let people set it up how they want to shoot without that limitation. Since they gave this option with the 5D3 then there must be many others who think of it as a limitation as well.

I don't want to have to remember to hit the darn * button. I want to set my camera to center weighted AND focus and recompose while only using the shutter button and have my focus and meter locked. Not having that option is a BUMMER, and that's why Canon must have fixed it, so they obviously thought it was something that shouldn't be limited in the 5D3.

Now i have to get in my camera and switch all my custom settings back to evaluative metering, uh, unless I now want to learn to remember that I have to use two buttons now for simple recompose.

I always have to move my eye away from the view finder just to make sure I am hitting the right button, just something that i do because I always want to be sure. Anything that forces me to HAVE to use a second button to use 3 of the 4 metering modes is a HUGE BOTHER to me. I now have my 5D2 for sale for 1,300 and shipping after paying 1,900 for it 5 months ago, and this is a reason I am glad I do. I ams witching to the Fuji X-E1 and hopefully this limitation will be a thing of the past.

lol

As someone said below. Good luck with the Fuji, ha, ha

I have to sell the 5D2 before I can buy the Fuji. Maybe this is why I haven't sold it yet.

Why don't buy the 5D III, which you mentions, instead?

Then you come back here and and not only curse Canon

but also those who have mislead you to think

it works any differently than the 5D II.

I'm not the original poster, guy.  My first post is quote above.  I have never been interested in the MKIII because i can't afford it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
235New
BeeNew
OffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow