New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Carolyn S
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 3, 2013

Thank you all for your responses.  I do have the color turned off in the printer.  Only Photoshop is managing the colors.  I tried printing one of your prints, jtoolman and I got a nice but dark image.  Looking at it on its own without looking at the monitor it looks like a dark day at the beach.  Since I only have my monitor to go by, I don't know what the normal for this image is.  So I feel like I am no better off.  Or am I totally misunderstanding.

Phil Hall, Maybe the 4000 was printing light, but what do I do about it...I tried the test print from JOe's link and got a dark image.  Ignoring the monitor it is dark, but a nice print.  It seems a dark day.  is that what it is supposed to look like?

Philnw2....I am thinking I will need to calibrate my monitor, but does that really change the printer, aren't I going to continue to get dark images that match a calibrated monitor?

One other thing that is off are the blues.  When it prints blues, they (compared to the blues in the 4000 prints) lean toward purple and not blue at all.  Is that calibration.  I am not comparing them to the monitor, I am comparing to the 4000 print.

Looks like I need to look into spending the money for calibration equipment.  There goes another expense.'

Thank you for the help!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow