Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,686Gear list
Like?
Re: Welcome comments from Terada about New 4/3's body in 2013
In reply to pris, Feb 3, 2013

pris wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

People will still choose to ignore the obvious intent of the statement and deny there's anything new coming in Olympus 4/3. By now we know who they are.

Dave,

I suggest giving them a chance to establish their credibility and offering them an opportunity to weigh their words before posting. We, those who believe E-5 successor is coming, promise to start an "I was wrong" thread if/when Olympus announces there is no such successor and 4/3 lenses are not going to be supported to their full capability anymore. We suggest those who do not believe in such camera coming do the same if/when it's released. I did that twice by now; want to join? May even be worth a separate thread, so folks can register their promise on either side of the argument.

To make it clear, by E-5 successor we mean a camera that fully supports 4/3 lenses, AF speed and ergonomics wise - whatever technology is deployed to achieve that.

It will make for an interesting angle, to see who is willing to accept such condition and who isn't - will tell us a lot about their actual degree of conviction. Then, when the resolution comes, it will give us a good standard to measure one's personal honesty - those who do post such threads will have to accept a moment of humility and those who don't will demonstrate utter lack of credibility.

I'm in the boat. I's even put some money on this camera being launched before long - although I have my doubts that it will be a DSLR.

-- hide signature --

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4688736761_6fd06ae5c8_o.jpg
Why not - if there's enough space on the sofa...
I'm a HOlygan

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow