New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,778
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Philnw2, Feb 2, 2013

Philnw2 wrote:

I have a R3000 and an older Toshiba laptop.

Have been having problems with darker prints from a local Costco store, even before i got the R3000.

Bought a Colormunki Photo, and am now getting close agreement between my laptop and the R3000. The color munki's are pricy but so is wasting paper, ink and time. Recommend you consider renting one to calibrate your printer and monitor together.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Nex 5n, Pentax K5D

Agreed and that is the unit I use. However allow me to make one small correction.

Yes the Colormunki photo will calibrate the monitor. However you DO NOT calibrate a printer. You use this piece of hardware to creat Profiles for the papers you use and these profiles are used from your Photo Editor to tell the printer how to translate or map the colors vaues that the Editing Software sends to the printer driver.

In order to not have both the Editing Software, as well as the Printer driver control color which would result in totally incorrect colors and density, you instead turn OFF color management at the driver and permit you S.W. such as Photoshop to control color through that very profile you create with the Colormunki.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow