Did you see the interview with the Canon Exec.?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,253Gear list
Like?
Re: Did you see the interview with the Canon Exec.? Yes, some interesting comments.
In reply to MisterPootieCat, Feb 2, 2013

MisterPootieCat wrote:

Y0GI wrote:

Interesting interview. Looks like 7D II is in no man's land and 70D is still off "in the future".

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/0336328811/cp-2013-interview-with-canons-masaya-maeda

I had a slightly different take on the interview. He promised that the 70D was coming, but obviously was not in the position to say when. And full frame is where a lot of people think they want to be eventually. The comment about going with the 1/2.3 sensor as the P&S standard was interesting; makes me wonder what the next G/S series camera sensor will be.

And rumors suggest Canon is getting ready to fire up new sensor fabrication equipment using much thinner etching, almost a given that this is required to increase pixel count. It will also make BSI-CMOS sensors routine for all models. My guess is Canon is frantically working on a sensor that will catch up to or pass the current Sony sensors.

canon has had several or more BSI and also foveon styled patents for a while now.

but yes, I did see a rumor or more that canon has 180nm fabrication up and running.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow