It's suppose to arrive today. What are a few settings that you made from the factory settings that you would consider standard, if any? One reviewer stated to set exp to (-3) and you should be spot on.
If you're shooting JPEG or RAW+JPEG, I recommend Natural instead of Bright. Bright has an increased risk of blowing out oranges and reds, and can make anything in human-made colors look wrong in artificial lighting.
That's the only one I'd really consider "standard". Beyond that, it's more about your personal use and style.
- I like ISO steps to be in third-stop settings rather than full stops, because this makes TAv mode more useful.
- I put the exposure lock timer up to 30 seconds.
- I like AE-L linked to AF lock
- I clear most of the things from the "Memory" setting, so that they're reset when I turn the camera off.
- I also change some of the dials and buttons from the default. You probably don't care exactly what I do here, but you may get into your own preferences that will become your standard.
Matthew Miller « http://mattdm.org/ »