K-5II settings?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Matthew Miller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5II settings?
In reply to TomWret, Feb 2, 2013

It's suppose to arrive today. What are a few settings that you made from the factory settings that you would consider standard, if any? One reviewer stated to set exp to (-3) and you should be spot on.

If you're shooting JPEG or RAW+JPEG, I recommend Natural instead of Bright. Bright has an increased risk of blowing out oranges and reds, and can make anything in human-made colors look wrong in artificial lighting.

That's the only one I'd really consider "standard". Beyond that, it's more about your personal use and style.

• I like ISO steps to be in third-stop settings rather than full stops, because this makes TAv mode more useful.
  • I put the exposure lock timer up to 30 seconds.
  • I like AE-L linked to AF lock
  • I clear most of the things from the "Memory" setting, so that they're reset when I turn the camera off.
  • I also change some of the dials and buttons from the default. You probably don't care exactly what I do here, but you may get into your own preferences that will become your standard.
-- hide signature --

Matthew Miller « http://mattdm.org/ »

Matthew Miller's gear list:Matthew Miller's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Fujifilm X-T10 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow