K-5II settings?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Matthew Miller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5II settings?
In reply to TomWret, Feb 2, 2013

It's suppose to arrive today. What are a few settings that you made from the factory settings that you would consider standard, if any? One reviewer stated to set exp to (-3) and you should be spot on.

If you're shooting JPEG or RAW+JPEG, I recommend Natural instead of Bright. Bright has an increased risk of blowing out oranges and reds, and can make anything in human-made colors look wrong in artificial lighting.

That's the only one I'd really consider "standard". Beyond that, it's more about your personal use and style.

• I like ISO steps to be in third-stop settings rather than full stops, because this makes TAv mode more useful.
  • I put the exposure lock timer up to 30 seconds.
  • I like AE-L linked to AF lock
  • I clear most of the things from the "Memory" setting, so that they're reset when I turn the camera off.
  • I also change some of the dials and buttons from the default. You probably don't care exactly what I do here, but you may get into your own preferences that will become your standard.
-- hide signature --

Matthew Miller « http://mattdm.org/ »

Matthew Miller's gear list:Matthew Miller's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow