Poll: Is intelligent/ programmable Auto ISO an important feature for future FW updates?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
BurpeesAreHard
Regular MemberPosts: 294
Like?
Re: NO I can live with it
In reply to 57even, Feb 2, 2013

57even wrote:

BurpeesAreHard wrote:

57even wrote:

BurpeesAreHard wrote:

mngsmt wrote:

57even wrote:

Personally I would rather have EV comp in manual mode, then if you want to shoot auto ISO you just set shutter speed and aperture and use EV comp to adjust the exposure from the baseline.

Yes, fully agree, thank you very much

I can't comprehend why people keep floating this half baked idea. In the absence of a solution for the light meter problem, this suggestion is useless. Here's the problem:

On page 5 of your X-E1 manual it labels a little scale in your display as number 25 - the Exposure compensation/exposure indicator. That little scale can only perform one of these two functions at a time. It can't do both simultaneously. Do you want to shoot manually (with the exception of ISO) with no assist from your light meter, or do you want to have to live with no visual indicator of the EC dial when you're using the viewfinder? Or what?

Buy a Pentax or a Nikon (with OVF) and you'll understand why this "half baked" idea works, not just for auto ISO but to make manual mode with flash more flexible too.

So I have to buy one, do I? The solution is so exquisite that it can't be articulated or illustrated with a screen shot or understood from a citation to a downloadable manual? Well, that's impressive then.

I would but your attitude sucks so why should I bother?

I did so for you, didn't I?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NONew
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
Yes!New
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes.New
NONew
YESNew
YESNew
NoNew
YESNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes!New
NONew
NONew
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow