Did you see the interview with the Canon Exec.?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
KariP
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,462Gear list
Like?
Re: This made my plans easier.... my goodness : - ) , Im not whining
In reply to RedFox88, Feb 2, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

KariP wrote:

I'm not sure if the guy was talking straight and "nothing but the truth"... Anyway, my plan is NOT to haul around heavy and even heavier equipment.

7D gives very good quality to all prints i can possibly AFFORD to print - just printed a part of a series in A3+ size - no noise and superb resolution.... NO point in going full frame .

Well if that's the case, why are you whining, complaining since your 7D will work for you for a long, long time letting you make very good quallity prints you can AFFFORD?

What do you want to do that you cannot do that will necessitate you to "switch" to something else? My goodness....

It was about the "news" that there is not going to be a 7DII  and that Canon IS developing the FF systems and not a semipro APS - C ... and that means that my 2 good  EF-s lenses are more or less useless in the future.

-- hide signature --

FF body to replace 7D after some years  + some lenses = 4000€ - it does not make me very happy as a customer.  Perhaps that is nothing to you - i do not like the idea.

AND FF means more weight at the time when i have noticed the FACT that too much weight on trip really is too much - FOR ME .  Here at home the weight is not a big issue.

AND i was thinking that Canon is probably making a mistake (developing FF instead of APS C for advanced amateurs)  - and i like Canon cameras.... I will keep my 7D - but i need a lightweight semipro camera like Fuji X-E1 - i had hopes that Canon could produce something like it - obviously they are NOT. Instead of that heavy FF ; - )

--
Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, 40D since 2007, and now 7D !
60.21 N 24.86 E

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow